First Project for Clean and Green Club

Back to Article
Back to Article

First Project for Clean and Green Club

Breann Mayes, Editor

Three Sunnyvale High School students are doing their part to clean up the environment starting on the west shoreline of Lake Ray Hubbard. Aleena George, Sophy Thomas, and Noreen Antony, founding members of the Clean and Green Environmental Club, spent three hours the morning of Saturday, October 12th, picking up trash at Windsurf Bay Park. 

“Our goal was to give everyone an understanding of what they would experience as a part of Clean & Green and see the insane amount of trash that people have left in the environment,” said Aleena George. “Our goal was accomplished and we were able to retrieve 5 full bags of trash from the area that we covered.”

The leadership of Clean & Green hope that setting an example for others to follow will lead to a better environment both locally and globally.

“We do think that these cleanups are helping the community because although our effort is minuscule compared to how much garbage is in the world, we are still doing what is right and hopefully inspiring others,” said George.

Clean & Green is planning another local clean up project in early November. Anyone interested in getting involved can join their Remind by texting @thecleang to 81010 or contact Aleena, Sophy, and Noreen.