The Sentinel

SHS Points Out The Positive

Ms. Carrie received the Hardhat award from the football team. The Hardhat award is another positive prize awarded at school.

Sereen Hamideh, Editor

The SHS administrative team has taken a rewarding approach to the school year by rewarding good behavior. With the new motto, ‘In Pursuit of Greatness’, students and teachers alike have been motivated with a certain spark to excel.

One key component that was added to SHS was the addition of the game Rowdiest Raider and Positive Referrals.

Rowdiest Raider is a new award given to one student every Friday for showing the most school spirit and awarded to the student who represents Sunnyvale the best.

“Shifting our focus to the students who have been doing good – a lot of those kids go unnoticed and we want to recognize those students who do everything we ask and go above and beyond,” Principal Ron Sterling said.

The Positive Referral system is a competition between all of the grade levels, in which the objective is to earn the most Positive Referrals from teachers and administrators for doing good things. At the end of the year, class points will be totaled and the winning class will receive a pizza party and a free dress day.

“I like how the school is changing for the better, and yeah, I also like how we can wear jeans with rips,” Mia McDougall said.

Although the school district is growing, programs like the Positive Referral System help create unity among students – even those who are new to campus.

“The school is overall much better, and way more hype than before,” Hana Khalif, a new student to the high school, said.

• SHS Points Out The Positive

Showcase

Fall Sports Gear up for the Season

• SHS Points Out The Positive

Entertainment

Fall Play Debuts in October

• SHS Points Out The Positive

Features

Anonymous Tip Line

• SHS Points Out The Positive

News

Small Town, Big Growth

• SHS Points Out The Positive

Features

Sunnyvale Homecoming 2017- Our Time to Shine

• SHS Points Out The Positive

Entertainment

SHS Cribs: “Welcome to the Theatre Room”

• SHS Points Out The Positive

Entertainment

Fine Arts Kick Off the Fall With Musical, New Band Program

• SHS Points Out The Positive

Features

Sunnyvale ISD Alumni Association Names Local Entrepreneur Distinguished Alumnus of the Year

• SHS Points Out The Positive

Showcase

Winter Athletic Round-Up

• SHS Points Out The Positive

Entertainment

Sunnyvale’s Got Talent

The student news site of Sunnyvale High School
SHS Points Out The Positive