The Sentinel

My SUNNY VALEntine

Cambelle Starnes, Editor

Whether it’s for the love of your life or even just for your sweet momma, finding that perfect “I love you” for Valentine’s Day can be stressful. Here are a few tips and in-town stops that can make finding that perfect gift as easy as firing Cupid’s arrow.

If it’s flowers you are looking for, we’ve got you covered. F.lori.sh, an upstart floral design company by Sunnyvale graduate Lori McDermett, is getting noticed for her whimsical floral creations. Contact F.lori.sh through Instagram @f.lori.sh or on her website. The Wild Orchid also has beautiful options. You can call ahead or run by and pick up a pre-made arrangement. For a quick bouquet, you can run into CVS at the corner of Beltline and Town East. They keep a stock ready for “Heart Day” while supplies last. For a more rustic look, trim branches from your own shrubbery and put the greenery in a jar or vase for a more personal centerpiece. This is thoughtful and thrifty.

When it comes to gifts, there are some great local options. If you have time for the hunt, head over to the East Fork Mall off of highway 80. Here you can find one-of-a-kind treasures. You’ll need a little bit of time, but it’s definitely worth it. If you are looking for a quicker fix, head right over to the Hilltop Cottage. Here you can find a plethora of ideas that are sure to be on everyone’s gift list. Quick options would be candles and jewelry. Options for the guy in your life can be found at a booth devoted to men. If your love is a fan of mani/pedis, swing by Sunny Nails or Oasis Nails and grab a gift card. In a hurry? No worry. If you are running home last minute, CVS may be the key. With a whole selection of gift cards, you can’t go wrong. They also offer sweet treats and stuffed animals that are great for every age. Never underestimate the power of your corner drug store.

We all know the sure-fire way to express endearment is through culinary creations. WE. LOVE. FOOD. If you are wanting fine dining, grab your candles and stemware, set your table and bring home an order of freshly cooked beef fajitas from Tino’s. The meal is sure to impress and the home-based venue will make for a warm evening. The second option is a little less formal with the same idea in mind. Throw a blanket on the floor, grab some cute paper plates, and swing by Shorty’s BBQ. You can have the sweetest little picnic dinner at home with the best BBQ around. If you need something last minute, you can create an at-home-drive-in experience with a little fast food. Swing by Subway or Pizza Hut, park your car in your driveway, and turn a movie on your tablet or laptop. There is nothing more fun than dinner and a movie with your loved ones.

No need to fret over Valentine’s Day. From florals, to food, and well-planned to last minute, Sunnyvale has what you need to make your Valentine’s Day “picture perfect”.

• My SUNNY VALEntine

Showcase

SHS Fishing Team Casts Off

• My SUNNY VALEntine

Entertainment

Theatre OAP: Rose and The Rime

• My SUNNY VALEntine

News

The Outcome of a Low Income

• My SUNNY VALEntine

News

Save the Cold Snap Turtles

• My SUNNY VALEntine

Opinions

5 Ways to Make the Most of High School

• My SUNNY VALEntine

Showcase

Fall Sports Gear up for the Season

• My SUNNY VALEntine

Entertainment

Fall Play Debuts in October

• My SUNNY VALEntine

Features

Anonymous Tip Line

• My SUNNY VALEntine

News

Small Town, Big Growth

• My SUNNY VALEntine

News

SHS Points Out The Positive

The student news site of Sunnyvale High School
My SUNNY VALEntine