The Sentinel

Choir Department Headed for New York

Katy Kilgore, Editor

The SHS Choir is going to New York this year for their department trip. Director Meagan Senter has been planning this trip for a while now and has been working non-stop on their itinerary.

“We traveled to NY in 2013 as a Fine Arts Department when SHS was much smaller,” Senter said. “The group had a fantastic time, so I wanted to take us back. NY has something for everyone whether it’s sights, music, sports, or shopping.”

Senter plans on giving the group plenty of time to explore everything the Big Apple has to offer.

“I look forward to finally seeing the city,” said sophomore Daybreak member Andrew Vanek.

They plan on participating in many choir-related activities during their time in New York. The group will be singing at the 9/11 memorial and the St. John the Divine Cathedral. They will also attend Easter Mass at St. Patrick’s on Easter Sunday.

Senter has also planned some non-choir related fun to go along with the trip. 

“We are going to see Anastasia, which I have heard amazing things about but have never seen, so I’m really excited,” sophomore Loralai Milton said. “I look forward to going to Broadway; I want to be an actress there when I grow up so it’s my favorite place.”

The choir also plans to visit The Statue of Liberty, Times Square, and Radio City Music Hall and some exciting restaurants they plan on eating at include Hard Rock Cafe and Playwright Tavern.

At the end of the day when everyone has had a full day of singing and sight-seeing,  they plan on giving the students some free time to do what they choose. Senter has already made her plans.

“Each group gets to pick the activity of their choice on Saturday evening. As for me, I’ll be going to the Yankees game.”

The student news site of Sunnyvale High School
Choir Department Headed for New York