The student news site of Sunnyvale High School

The Sentinel

Baby It’s Cold Outside: How to Look Cute When It’s Cold

India Howay and Kristen Schabel

Are you having trouble keeping warm this winter and looking cute at the same time? Well worry no longer, below are a few good tips that will will help you look nice and cozy this season!

Going Out With Friends

Have a winter party coming up? Spice up your outfit with a pair of sparkly sequin pants! Add some metallic or black heels to balance out your look. For the final touch, add a piece of statement jewelry like a necklace or earrings.

unnamed

Casual Everyday

For just a simple winter look, grab a pair of dark jeans and pair it with a big sweater. If you want to add something else to it, put a white long sleeve button down underneath it and have the tail of it hanging out for more of a preppy look. To finish it off, add a pair of flats or boots and some simple gold jewelry.

unnamed-5

Cute, Yet Comfortable

If you don’t feel like getting dressed up, this is the perfect outfit where you can still look chic while being comfortable! Pick a pair of jogger pants and add a soft long sleeve shirt or sweater with it, even a black leather jacket will dress it up! Wear your favorite Nike or retro New Balance sneakers, and if it’s especially cold out, add cute patterned scarf!

unnamed-3

Layered Up

If you live somewhere where the temperature is constantly fluctuating, layering is key! Take any pair of pants with a sweater and layer a white button down under it, or just a plain long sleeve or patterned shirt. Next, pick a big long coat, a neutral colored one is best to have so you can wear it with anything. If you are going for a more casual look wear a pair of retro sneakers, and if you want a nicer look, just put some boots or flats with it. This is a great outfit because if it’s colder in the morning, just throw on your coat, and if it warms up later you can take the coat off and still have a cute outfit underneath, while still being warm.
unnamed-1unnamed-3

Still need help on finding that perfect winter accessory? Take our quiz: https://www.qzzr.com/c/quiz/146492/fdfe0401-a776-4152-a8ae-e1db72114e97